Corentus Consultant, Executive Coach and Team Coach
While contemplating and planning for retirement after 25 years as an executive in the financial and technology industries, he found his true passion was, and had always been, in helping people and teams develop and be more efficient.
Alberto is an Executive Coach, Team Coach and Management Consultant working from Panama City, Panama, and serving clients throughout Central and South America. He has coached executives at multiple levels and sectors ranging from banking to technology, and from Education to Pro Bono work at NGOs supporting people and communities at risk in Panama. As a founding member of the International Coaching Federation chapter in Panama, and as its current Secretary of the Board of Directors, Alberto spends a lot of his time evangelizing the local community on what Coaching is, its distinctions and its impact on organizations and society in general.
Alberto has more than 25 years’ experience leading and developing individuals and teams in medium and large organizations, both as a senior executive and consultant, including roles with multinational corporations in the United States, Central and South America. He is a motivator, results oriented, problem solver and conflict management expert. Although his executive roles were primarily in Technology, Operations and Project Management, he dedicated the majority of his own development to the people´s side of management. He specifically focused in the integral development of the person and in creating a shared mindset environment where individuals can feel productive and motivated to reach personal and professional goals.
Alberto holds a B.S. in Economics and a B.B.A in Business Analysis and Management, both from Texas A&M University. He also holds and M.B.A from Texas Christian University and a Coaching and Leadership Development Certificate from Georgetown University. He is certified in EQi 2.0, and Emotional Intelligence Tool, and has been part of two Team Coaching Workshops with Corentus.
Alberto has traveled extensively throughout Central America and South America. A native of Nicaragua, he fled to the United States at 17 years old, amid the political strife that was hitting the region in the 1970´s. While in college, he continued to actively support efforts to bring a fairer and more just society to his country. In the 1980´s his parents, brothers and sisters, who had also been active in bringing about change to Nicaragua, sought political asylum the US and settled in Texas where he lived for 18 years. In 1992 he moved to Panama, where his wife Paula is from, and lives with his two sons and one daughter. He is a native Spanish Speaker and fluent in English. This background has made Alberto uniquely qualify for, among other things, cross cultural adaptation and coaching Latin American executives that interact with counterparts in the US or that are promoted to roles that takes them to The United States.
- Executive and Team Coach
- Management Consultant
- Over 25 years’ experience in Executive Roles throughout the US and Central America
- Extensive experience leading and managing professional experts
Sample of Previous Clients
- Director of Finance for Latin America at two US companies based in Panama
- Leading Panamanian attorney
- Plant Director for a US Manufacturing company in Chile
- Entrepreneurs for various startups
- Transition and Career Coaching for Outplacement for more than 30 executives at multinational companies based in Panama
- Transition coaching for up to 20 top executives, including CEOs, through a boutique head hunter firm with operations in Latin America
- Pro Bono Coaching at NGOs and schools in Panama
- B.S. in Economics, Texas A&M University
- B.B.A in Business Analysis and Management, Texas A&M University
- MBA with emphasis in Systems and Finance, Texas Christian University
- Georgetown University, Coaching Certification
- EQi 2.0 – Emotional intelligence