Corentus Team Coach, Leadership Coach and Consultant
Connecting the dots in complex systems to open new paths for growth.
Julie Lautens specializes in executive, leader and team coaching. She helps people clarify their goals and claim their unique path forward. Julie’s coaching clients range from leadership teams to senior professionals moving into leadership roles for the first time. They value her positive energy and her ability to hold space for reflection, learning and growth. She has started up or redesigned more than 20 teams in her career and is recognized for her ability to “connect the dots” in complex systems to open new paths for growth.
Prior to establishing her coaching practice, Julie was a senior leader of expert teams in the global supply chain organization of GlaxoSmithKline (GSK, 2009 – 2015). As VP Quality and Head of Technical Services, she had responsibility for multi-site, cross-functional project teams in four continents. She worked with Site Directors and their leaders to improve problem-solving, organizational effectiveness, data management, and quality systems. Julie mentored and coached established managers and directors seeking to improve their insight and impact, and professionals as they moved into their first leadership roles.
Julie started her career as an Instructor in Chemistry at the University of Toronto and then moved to Glaxo, Inc. as a Research Scientist in R&D. Following her passion for leading change, she moved to the manufacturing division as a Compliance Manager to prepare the innovative, greenfield Canadian site for start-up and regulatory approval. Julie was a member of the GSK manufacturing executive team at the Canadian site from 1999-2008, leading Production, Site Services, Engineering and Product Performance Improvement. She has worked with regulatory bodies (US FDA, Health Canada) and with the Ontario government on behalf of GSK.
Julie holds a Doctorate in Chemistry from Harvard University and is a Corentus-certified Team Coach and an Adler Trained Coach, with ICF coach certification at the ACC level. She has also trained in the Toyota Production System in Osaka, Japan. Julie serves as a volunteer Coach in her community and has been an Alumna Member of the Board of Trustees of Carleton College in Northfield, Minnesota. She lives in Toronto and enjoys singing in her community choir and spending time with family and friends.
- 25 years’ experience designing and driving change, as a leader and as a coach
- Set-up or redesign of more than 20 teams across GSK
- Volunteer Coach to community organizations in Toronto
Sample of Previous Coaching Clients
- Critical site services team in large multinational production facility
- Transformation team for community organization
- Senior Manager recognized as rising star in multinational tech organization
- R&D Program Manager
- Site Quality Director
- Wide range of professionals navigating career transitions, including major changes in scope and responsibility
- Corentus-certified Team Coach
- Adler Trained Coach and ICF-certified ACC Coach
- PhD in Chemistry, Harvard University
- BA in Chemistry, Carleton College