Corentus Consultant, Facilitator, Trainer, Leadership Coach and Team Coach
Through coaching, facilitation, training, and consulting, Nancy works with individuals, teams, and organizations to improve performance, increase impact, and achieve greater satisfaction and well-being.
Nancy Nachbar is a leadership coach, team coach, facilitator, trainer, and consultant, working in leadership development, management, international development and public health. In the midst of a career dedicated to improving the health of people in developing countries, Nancy participated in a leadership development program and worked with a coach. This powerful experience opened Nancy up to new ways of thinking, doing, and being. Inspired, Nancy became a certified leadership coach and left her role as a senior manager in international development to pursue her passion. Through coaching, facilitation, training, and consulting, Nancy works with individuals, teams, and organizations to improve performance, increase impact, and achieve greater satisfaction and well-being.
Her experience leading technical areas, managing multi-million dollar projects, bringing in new business, and developing and executing against strategies is coupled with having lived and worked in Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean. This gives Nancy a broad, cross-cultural perspective. She brings to her work this lens and a deep understanding of leadership and management challenges in international companies and non-profit organizations, government agencies, and in resource-poor settings.
Nancy has doctoral and masters degrees in public health from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, a bachelor’s degree in psychology/sociology and theater from Wesleyan University, a Certificate in Leadership Coaching from Georgetown University and a Certificate in Team Coaching from Corentus. She is certified as a coach through the International Coach Federation. Nancy speaks French and has lived and worked in more than 20 countries.
Nancy resides in Maryland, with her husband and daughter, experts at helping Nancy discover and test new ways of thinking, doing, and being. She loves to cook, run, and spend time with family and friends. She also is a passionate and dedicated volunteer with the DC Metro Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Professional Highlights and Clients
- 20+ years in international development and public health
- Lived and worked in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Caribbean
- Experience designing and managing multi-million dollar projects, leading teams, developing and executing against strategy, and bringing in new business
- Experience in developing and coaching leaders, improving team performance, designing and delivering trainings
- Client types: companies and non-profit organizations in health and international development; United States Agency for International Development; individuals in academia, pharmaceuticals, real estate development, law, international development, among others
- Doctor of Public Health (Dr.PH) in maternal and child health, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Masters of Public Health (MPH) in maternal and child health, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in psychology/sociology and theater, Wesleyan University
- Certificate in Leadership Coaching, Georgetown University